Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just Let Me Nap!

Personally I love napping and I just started napping about 6 months ago to be honest.  I was not a huge believer in sleeping during the day because I felt that I was wasting the day away, however I found that if I slept just for a little bit during the day that I felt rejuvenated after and more alert.  Now after looking up information instead of taking the common word that napping is good for you I found that if fact napping can enhance alertness, “enhance performance, and reduce mistakes and accidents. A study at NASA on sleepy military pilots and astronauts found that a 40-minute nap improved performance by 34% and alertness 100%.” This came straight from the National Sleep Foundation website.  It is recommended that sleeping for 20 to 30 minutes during the day will allow that person to wake up with less grogginess than waking up later after napping for more time.  Also the best time during the day to nap is from 1 a.m. to 3 p.m. according to WebMD.com.  Napping is better for you than chugging a Redbull or sipping on a cup of coffee, this is because studies have done that have shown reduce in memory recollection.  Planning to nap during the day can be beneficial for work performance and can make someone’s mood better.  So before you start off the day try to squeeze in a 20 to 30 minute nap and see if your day isn't just a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment